Tuesday 2 September 2014

you must have a really good power switch!


You know what, I'm not up for all the drama and bitchiness that this industry can harbor, Why is it that as soon as money and egos are involved, people turn nuts?  I do however need to run a business. It's not all flowers and rainbows. LOL we can't eat love. When you are paying for your product, you are not just paying for a piece of paper or usb stick,

You are paying for the countless hours of seminars we need to attend to keep out skills razor sharp, you are paying for the crazy insurance fees, upkeep of really expensive gear. Whilst I love helping friends out, I love doing a lot of volunteer work,  love doesn't pay the bills. I can't say to my electricity company - "I'm not going to pay you this month - but I really really love your electricity. I love how it turns my lights on - you must have a really good power switch what brand is it?" Um... just no.

We all have passions in life, and I am one of the lucky few that are privileged to be able to turn that passion into a business.

I look at my peers get so wound up at the thought of someone charging this for that, and think 'omg are you seriously so scared and insecure about your face value that  you are wanting to drag everyone down with you!?"  Sigh. for heavens sake, buck up. Look after your clients. Build your relationships.

Why should a client choose me? Well, I am me. It's as simple as that really. We are all individuals, and therefore no-one will have the same 'style' or business as me. I am relaxed, I love clean cut photos, I love connections between people. I love light. I love sharing.

Everyone is different, and that's ok. :) Its time to focus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment